Sunday, 8 April 2012

Review: Imanmade Butter & Balm

Hi all,


Today I'm reviewing the Imanmade Butter & Balm sample box. Imanmade is a British based company which aims to create products good for the skin and which are gentle enough to be used on sensitive and eczema-prone skin. 


I received the sample box about six weeks ago and I wanted to try it for sometime before I would write a complete review on it. I received this sample box to review free of charge (and I wasn't paid to do the review). The sample box includes the Imanmade 'Original' Nourishing Body Butter, Imanmade 'Monoi' Nourishing Body Butter, Imanmade 'Lavender & Neroli' Nourishing Body Butter and Imanmade Natural Lip Balm - Peppermint.





























Information extracted from the Imanmade Etsy website;


1 Butter & Balm Box Contents:


1x 30g Original Nourishing Body Butter
1x 30g Monoi Nourishing Body Butter
1x 30g Lavender & Neroli Nourishing Body butter
1x 5g tube of Peppermint lip balm



With (Certified Fair-Trade and Organic) Raw Shea Butter, Virgin Coconut Oil, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Sweet Almond oil, Jojoba oil, Vitamin E. These body butters are rich in skin cell-regenerating, moisturising and nourishing oils, and are loaded with vitamin E.

To use Imanmade Body Butters, rub a small amount between palms and gently massage into skin. The butters are rich, so a little goes a long way.

Imanmade Nourishing Body Butters are even more wonderful when used on damp skin after a bath or shower. Pat skin with a towel lightly and apply the body butter immediately to seal in the moisture.

Imanmade Natural Skin Care Products are suitable for Vegans and come in recyclable packaging    
    




'Original' Nourishing Body Butter ingredients:



Original Butter: With (Certified Fair-Trade and Organic) Raw Shea Butter, Virgin Coconut Oil, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Sweet Almond oil, Jojoba oil, Vitamin E. This body butter is plain but rich in skin cell-regenerating, moisturising and nourishing oils, and is loaded with vitamin E. Perfect for the whole family.



'Monoi' Nourishing Body Butter ingredients:


Monoi Butter- This butter has all the goodness of the Original Butter, with the added bonus of Monoi de Tahiti Oil, which is coconut oil infused with Tahitian Tiare (Gardenia) flowers. Monoi oil has great skin conditioning and anti-inflammatory properties, and the extra coconut oil gives even more moisture to dry, flaky skin.


'Lavender & Neroli' Nourishing Body Butter ingredients:


Lavender & Neroli Butter: All the goodness of the Original Butter, with the addition of Lavender and Neroli essential oils to soothe and relieve dry, itchy skin. Lavender has a multitude of properties, but is especially good for healing damaged skin. As well as having a beautiful scent, Neroli is known to aid in the regeneration of skin cells.


Natural Lip Balm Peppermint

Long lasting Peppermint Lip balm made with all natural ingredients. Keeps chapped lips soft and supple. With moisturising mango butter, jojoba oil, castor oil and vitamin E. 


Price: £10.00


(85g of the butters is £7.00 each).



How I used it:


I used the Lavender and Neroli Nourishing Body Butter on my body after showers and baths. I used the Monoi Nourishing Body Butter as a hand moisturiser and the Original Nourishing Body Butter on both hand and skin.

My thoughts and opinion:

A little goes a long way. The butter melts easily on your fingers and it is easy to work into your skin. At the start it feels a little greasy but as time goes on it leaves your skin very supple and moisturised. I like using it on my body and I like how it keeps my skin moisturised and soft the next day.


Out of the three, the Lavender and Neroli is my favourite, mostly because of the scent. This came as a surprise to me because I am not a big fan of the smell of lavender. I think it's a wonderful balance though, especially with the neroli. The smell isn't overpowering and when you apply it to your skin it's very pleasant. It makes it a wonderful butter to work into your skin after a nice long bath. 


The Monoi is my second favourite butter. It has a different texture compared to the other two butters and I also like the very light scent. I found the Monoi Butter to be a good moisturiser for my hands (which are very dry compared to the rest of my body). I have this on hand whenever my hands feel dry or after I washed my hands. It makes my skin feel greasy at first but it gets absorbed very quickly, leaving my hands soft and moisturised.


The Original butter is also quite effective on my skin. It doesn't have any scent though, which may be  useful to those who have allergies towards particular essential oils etc. 

The Peppermint Lip Balm has to be one of the best lip balms I have tried. I have always used Burt's Bees Nourishing Lip Balm but it doesn't keep my lips as moisturised. This lip balm keeps my lips moisturised for up to six hours and again, a little goes a long way. I felt that my lips have actually improved after regular use of the lip balm and that my lips feel a lot less dry in general. So that's another plus point that I have for this product. The peppermint is quite nice (again peppermint isn't something I'm really big on) and it is not overbearing or too powerful, but it feels very refreshing on my lips. 


The only downside that I have is that some days my hands feel moisturised after using it on my hands and some days it doesn't. It probably has to do with what soap I may have used that day on my hands. Besides that, I am in love with the Imanmade range. Would I purchase this? Yes I would. I find that a little goes a long way and the prices are fair and reasonable. The ingredients are natural, high quality and effective.




No comments:

Post a Comment