Bad hair habits... you may have them or you may not, but they can cause setbacks. Solving a bad hair habit can make a big difference in length retention or hair health!
My bad hair habits are:
- Not moisturising my hair as is needed
- Not braiding or twisting my hair up before I go to sleep
- Not being patient when detangling
- General inconsistency in hair challenges.
I've set up a plan on how I want to deal with my bad hair habits;
- Baggy my hair more often during the week. Baggying leaves my hair more moisturised
- Finding a quick style before going to sleep which will leave my hair stretched - preventing matting and reducing tangling
- Detangling my hair when I have the time (so that I can be more patient).
- Whenever I comb my loose hair I either use my fingers, a wide tooth comb or spaced out brushes such as the Denman D31
- I only manipulate my hair when it is damp (styling or combing)
- I put on a silk bonnet before I put on a hat or a beanie
- I always sleep with a silk scarf.
Do you have any good and bad hair habits? If so what are they? Do you have a plan to overcome the bad habits?
Happy hair journey! ^o^