Sunday 24 March 2013

Time... What It Means To Me.

I have never appreciated time as much as I have in the past few years.

I will credit going to university as a huge teacher of time; time management (I haven't perfected this yet, but I've somewhat improved it) and appreciation of it?

This last week I finally handed in my thesis. The last twenty-four hours til' the deadline, I worked, worked, worked; no sleep, multiple cups of white tea, tiny cakes as meals... I was mega-stressed out.

I went through cycles of regret... regret that I never got an extension, regret that I didn't work hard enough over the past few weeks and regret that I never started this earlier. At times I wanted to give up so badly, but I had to keep on going and I managed to produce a decent amount of good work to hand in.

It took me two days to finally restore my energy levels after staying up for so long. I don't really advice anyone to do that, you're just asking for trouble. It's best to do little work over a long period of time rather than a lot of work over a short period of time.

The day before my thesis deadline (yes, the day, not even the week, the weekend, the two days beforehand, but the day), my eyes opened to how important time was... how precious it is and how fast it can go.

Now it's Sunday and I have been relaxing since Friday afternoon (when I went home after my last lecture of March). I've been able to do so much this weekend; resting, writing, talking to people, reading... it felt good! It's good to be free and just to be able to focus on life, family and friends.