Sunday 3 November 2013

Juba 2013.

So I wrote about my plans to head to Africa this year after my graduation, I wrote about it here and here.

I am happy to announce that I am leaving for Juba, South Sudan early December.

The plan is that I will stay in Juba for a few weeks then head to my hometown Tonj (in Warrap, South Sudan). I will then return to Juba for new years, go to Kampala for a few days and spend a few weeks in Nairobi before going back to Juba and then back to the United Kingdom.

Of course I won't drive... 
I am really excited about my trip! It will be my first long break in forever. I won't be doing any work when I'm gone, it'll be impossible. I'm just going to spend time with friends and family, relax and familiarise myself with my surroundings.

Do I have any expectations? I've been consistently told to go in without any expectations and just to keep an open mind, something I am happy to do (it's only fair!). 

This week I am going to get my South Sudanese visa and I'm also going for my injections. Later this month I will get my malaria tablets and during the week before my travels I will get everything I will require for my trip. 

I'll be making detailed posts about my preparations, what I will take, etc. and most definitely, posts about my experience in Africa. Looking forward to it.