Wednesday 10 July 2013

Happy Independence Day South Sudan!



It's been a quiet celebration and not as major as the actual independence day or the first anniversary, but the jubilation was comparable.

I was looking back at what I wrote about last year's Independence, not much has changed in South Sudanese politics. I also noticed I hadn't written a post about South Sudan since last November. I guess I got so caught up with life that I didn't have the time to express my thoughts and feelings on the country through an article.

Nonetheless, I am much more optimistic about the country in comparison with last year. People are aware of what needs to change and the steps we need to take to get there. I'm also a whole lot more forgiving; South Sudan is a brand new nation, we can't expect it to be poverty and corruption free in only just a few years.

The country is a seed that needs to be nurtured in order for it to grow into a tree with strong roots and branches.

Happy Independence Day South Sudan.