Sunday 11 August 2013

I Got My New Baby: Canon 600D.

My baby arrived!!! In the form of a new camera! 

Shot with my iPhone 5 camera, which is now retiring from snaps that go on the blog. 
So I officially finished uni in May but received my degree classification in July. I got an upper second class Bachelors with Honours in Biological Science. Of course, to celebrate, I decided to dedicate a large chunk of my August pay to something I have wanted for so long and kind of needed for my newly acquired nomadic lifestystyle; a DSLR. 

After browsing for months and thinking to go with the Nikon 1 J1, a cool computer tech guy friend told me that I should go with a DSLR because you really get your money's worth with it...

And after some research (if you don't know which one to go with, check this out), I decided that the DSLR was the best thing for me... especially if I want to take photography to the next level. 

I've been playing around with my camera and so far... I love it! I've read through the instruction manual and checked out some videos online and asked experienced DSLR users for tips and advice... it's not as difficult to use as I thought it would be! 

Throughout this process of acquainting myself with my brand new gadget, I've learned that it's not the camera that makes the best pictures, it is the technique and skills of the photographer.


Photographed with my Canon 600D. I'm currently reading Chinua Achebe's 'Things Fall Apart'; amazing!