Thursday 20 December 2012

13.

I'm officially 13 years old!

Not really. It's just a brand new record for how young people think I am (compared to my current age which is 20).

A few weeks ago, a cousin's friend said she thought I was 13 when I started discussing employment and university type stuff. Right now, I'm not even sure if I should be proud of being called 13. I suppose the older I get the more flattered I'd be by being thought of as younger. But as a 20 year old (21 years old on January 14th), it kind of gets annoying to be thought of as super young (you get treated like you're young too -____-'').

The things I've been ID'd for:

  • A few months ago I was ID'd for buying hair trimming scissors. I always get ID'd for buying trimming scissors. 
  • When I was 18, I got ID'd for a 15 movie. Because I didn't have any ID with me, I couldn't get into the film. I bought tickets to a twelve film and snuck in anyway.
  • At 16 I was ID'd for a RedBull drink. I had no ID with me and just used my 16 to 18 bus pass to try and prove my age. They did sell it to me in the end. 
  • About a year ago I went to buy one of the new Call of Duty games for one of my brothers. The game is rated 18. I forgot my ID at home and they refused to sell the game to me. 

And as if it isn't humiliating enough to be asked for ID for the most trivial ish, sometimes they will do a double take of me and the ID just to make sure it really is me and that it isn't lies, fairytales and fallacies.

Looking young does have its perks though. One of the things I'm really thankful for is the fact that I rarely get stopped by those charity people (ok it's a really bad thing to feel thankful for that but let's be real who wants to be stopped by an overly obnoxious and enthusiastic charity person when you're in a rush?).

I really love how they think I'm too young to sign up.


#TeamYoungFace